Friday, February 18, 2005

Some amusing Belizian incidents...

Last night I was reading at Mass, and looked down the aisle to see a dog giving himself a bath, right in the middle of the aisle. He accompanied us up to communion, but left before the final blessing...

A few days I walked into the teacher's lounge to see this note on our board:
"Andrew Jacobs has smallpox. Please sent his work home with Neville."
As I teach Andrew, I was naturally concerned, but slightly confused. So I asked the vice principle what was the matter. He repeated that Andrew had smallpox. I started to get slightly worried, thinking that maybe Belize was going to be the center of a massive smallpox outbreak, starting in my classroom. So I asked the vp what we were going to do, if we should let the kids know so they could be quarantined, etc. He just kind of looked at me funny. I asked him again if he was sure it was smallpox- at which point he said, "oh, maybe it's chickenpox." I just looked at him, and he walked off, totally oblivious. Later I came back to see the note:
"Andrew Jacobs is sick. Please send his work home with Neville." I'm sure the vp was quite confused at my overreaction, and decided to simplify for the American teachers...

Finally, a few pictures from the Belize zoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home