Thursday, January 06, 2005

Spring Cleaning...?

The weather here feels so much like early June that I've been seized by the desire to clean.  So I am having my misbehaving students stay after and clean my classroom!  It seems to be a better deterrent then demerits- the threat of cleaning combined with a new seating arrangement lead to a surprisingly quiet class today.  It makes me feel very accomplished when my class is relatively behaved :)  We have a new teacher (another Alison- that makes three) who is a fellow bio major.  She took over my freshman science class, so now I only teach two classes.  It has been Fabulous!! The difference between teaching two and three classes is enormous.  I finally have time to relax once in a while, and don't feel continuously stressed.  I am devoting way more time to my biology classes, and I think it really makes a difference in how well I teach the boys.  Plus, I am more patient with their craziness.  I think my former class will really benefit, too, because Ali is very sweet and the girls really need that attention.  So overall, it has been a good couple of days!  Last night we watched a pirated version of Ocean's 12.  People kept walking in front of the camera.  One guy stood there with his bag of popcorn for a minute.  It was really funny.  I thought it added a lot to the movie! 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cathleen!

I'm glad you made it home safe. Those pictures you posted are great. Your house is cute, I love the dirt road and the rainbow is a nice too. I just wanted to let you know that people are reading your site, so keep posting. I don't have much news other than it's been 60 degrees lately in Baltimore, it's great! Ok take care of those kids and have fun.

Rodnie

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home