Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Lately it's been really hot down here, so it's hard to keep the kids' attentions. I'm in creative overdrive right now. Monday, my advanced biology class "solved" a crime by looking at clues under a microscope. We are working on microscope skills right now, so they had to identify things like animal hair, cotton fibers, different types of paper, and sugar or salt in order to figure out which suspect was the criminal. It was fun for me, and I think they enjoyed it too! My sophomores are learning about the skeletal system. We did skeletal Simon Says yesterday, and we'll do skeletal Bingo tomorrow. I think I do most of these things to keep myself from getting bored--worksheets and notes just put me to sleep :)

SO to make it official, I have decided to come back next year and teach. I know it will be really good for the kids-- it is hard for them to say goodbye to teachers every year. I got a great job for this summer, which I am super excited about. I will be working at a summer camp that I attended for 4 or 5 years in grade school. So everything seems to be falling into place. And, to top it all off, I will get a raise for returning for a second year- from 12.50 a week to $24!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home