Friday, October 22, 2004

Packages!
This is a HUGE thank you to Sarah Sheldom, hands down the coolest former MCHS teacher ever. Sarah sent a package, and it was like Christmas at the rectory cause she sent thoughtful little gifts to lots of people. One of the best things she sent was ANT TRAPS!!! Yep, I'm excited about ant traps. But in the past 2 weeks, we have had like 5 different infestations of ants- ants under our beds, ants in our kitchen, ants in our clothes, ants on our couch. They bite, too. It was really rainy, so we think the ants decided to come inside where it is nice and dry. The highlight of my ant experience so far was the day I turned on my computer, and ants started to stream out. That's right- my laptop got ants. I don't know why they would want to live in my computer, but they definately were living in massive quantities inside my computer. So I just left it on for a while, hoping the heat would drive them out, and then sprayed a little bug spray around it. It seemed to work, and the computer still works fine! The last couple of days have been sunny, and the ants have gone back to wherever they came from, but when they come back, they'll be sorry....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ants are gross but you can put them in chocolate and eat them.. mmmm lotsa protein ... austria is great and we eat flies here....

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, we in North Florida had ants after the hurricaines. I sympathize. The ant cups worked great here - that and when the ground dried up the survivors left. We also sprayed the outside of the house where it meets the ground - try that - it may help next time.
Thought that I would say hello and say that our weather is in the 70's and 80's yet. It's nice to be warm when those northerners are feeling the first hints of winter!
Glad that you are weathering Belize okay.
Aunt Kathryn

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi cathleen, this is your brother.
Do you want anything from austria, such as wine or chocolate before I leave for home? or anything else?

you can email me at mikeyboyek@yahoo.com
XOXOXO mike

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home