Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Internet is spotty again at school, but I'm at an internet cafe in Cayo, and I'm going to try and upload some pictures.

The top picture is a view of Benque from the hills surrounding it. The road in the picture is one of Belize's 4 main highways. We live about 2 blocks over on the right, but you can't see our house from the hill because of trees. The mountains you see in the background are Guatemala. The bottom picture was the view from my hotel room in Caye Caulker. Beautiful, huh? You can see how low the whole island is- that is the shore, 5 feet or so from the hotel. The rest of my pictures won't load for some reason, so I guess I'll have to try again later. Back to grading tests-- this class isn't doing so well, most of them have failed rather miserably so far :( oh well!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder which side of the road the cars drive on?
Is it the left, like in England?
Anyway, the pictures are nice, Herbert and I are awaiting more.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Ahhhhh - It's gorgeous! Good luck with the test grading. I should get you some teacher-y stamps and stickers to put on your papers ;-)

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home