Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Why no one in Belize has a library card

Today I stopped by the public library to get a card, as I have exhausted all the schools/teachers' reading materials. I was given this form to get signed and returned...

"In my opinion, the above applicant is a fit and proper person to be a member of the Library"
(space for signature)
"The above signature must be that of a member of the Library Board, or a member of the Cabinet, or a member of the House of Representatives, or of the Senate, or a member of the Belize City Council, a Justice of the Peace, a Minister of Religion or Head of Department."

2 Comments:

Blogger verniciousknids said...

Well...books are precious resources!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Alison G. said...

for the record, all it took for me to get a library card on San Pedro was an address and $4.00 bze.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home