Monday, May 30, 2005

Well, school is winding down, and I think I am more excited for summer break now then I ever was in school. Grades are due in Thursday, and Friday is the last day of school. Graduation is on Saturday. The seniors have had this week off from school, and truthfully so have a lot of other classes, because teachers have given them their finals and then decided not to start a new topic. I'm still teaching- I got to much less this semester then I did last semester teaching the same class because of the strike. So I'm trying to figure out what is most important and cram it in. These last couple of days are all about drugs- alcohol, marijuana, tobacco, cocaine- and my strategy is to just scare the heck out of them. Unfortunately, girls are much harder to scare then boys. I think the girls are into less stuff then the boys are, though, so that's good.
It's mango season now, and all the mango trees look like they've been decorated for Christmas. Mangos come in many different shapes and colors. I've seen small green ones, long yellow ones, pink and gold ones (my favorite) and deep purple ones, which grow in our back yard. The fruits hang from a long stem, about a foot long, and the trees look very festive. I just learned the hard way to avoid the sap from mangos- it gives you a nasty blistery rash like poison ivy. Some splattered on me when I was picking a mango, and blisters showed up the next day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home